A favourite South African dish traditionally eaten at Easter time – prepare two days in advance and store in the fridge ready to enjoy over a long weekend!
Serves: 6 - 8 | Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 30 minutes 45 minutes
- 750 millilitre White or brown vinegar
- 4 Large onions sliced into rings
- For the curry sauce:
- 500 millilitre water
- 750 millilitre Brown sugar
- 30 millilitre Curry powder
- 10 millilitre Tumeric
- 10 millilitre Salt
- 5 millilitre Ground ginger
- 16 Black peppercorns
- 45 millilitre KNORR Brown Onion Soup mixed with a little water to form a smooth paste
- 1.5 kilogram Hake fillets, frozen
- Flour for coating fish
- Oil for frying
- Coat the frozen fish in flour and pan-fry in heated oil until cooked.
- Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- In a large saucepan mix all the ingredients for the curry sauce except the KNORR Brown Onion Soup.
- Boil uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked fish and the KNORR Brown Onion Soup.
- Stir gently until the sauce thickens then allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Cool and spoon into a non-metal container.
- Store covered in the fridge.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "your-mails" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.